La Vida Oaxaqueña

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Sonia & Varuna



Sonia, and Varuna.
yes they are ppl thats for sure! they´re my two friends that i´m sorely going to miss when they leave after this weekend. I may have only known them since i got here on the first, but they´re good friends regardless. Sonia lives with me at my housestay and varuna is her friend from home that did the program with her this summer. They´re from England, and are hilarious Hindus. Unfortunately for me, they have befriended me to the point where i wish they would stay until decemeber with me, and then i can go back to England with them... oh well. I hope that when i get to go over there for school in a couple of years they´ll still be there to be my english friends!
I´m nervous for next week. They´ll be gone and i will have to start to settle into my own way of life here in Oaxaca. Plus my house will be lonely without Sonia around, but oh well. we´ll keep in touch and fill in those empty moments with emails and blogs! Next week should be interesting too bc rachel and i start our coursework for the semester program and our volunteer stuff starts then too. though my project is still being worked out, but it looks like i´ll be working at the banco del alimentos here which is the food bank. we´re also meeting some random blokes for salsa lessons, we´ll help them with english and they´ll make me feel like an idiot for having no dancing ability.
anywho, back to my dear sonia and varuna... i´ll try and get my pics postable, so you can see just how darling they really are. So sweet for letting me infiltrate their fun times. i´m sure i´ll post some more details about our recent adventures soon once i have the pics to go along with it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home